Thursday, August 11, 2016

Play By Faith

So I'm going through some boxes, thinking of what to bring with me and what not to bring with me. In reality, it probably doesn't matter much what I bring since my parents only live 30 minutes away and my brother even less. Jordan and his wife said that they're thinking of making me a spare key so that I can come over and chill with them whenever I'd like. I'm so glad to be a part of the family. It's a big deal to me when they invite me to spend time with them, and they always make me feel welcome. And without realizing it, I do the same for them.

Not only do they accept me for who I am, but they love my significant other as well. What I thought was going to be a sibling night with my brother and his wife turned into me, my brother, his wife, Jared, my step-sister, and her boyfriend. They make Jared into more than a boyfriend, they make him a part of our family too. Jordan and Christen are honestly relationship goals.

In my head I try to form the perks to moving out, and quite honestly, living at home sounds a little more appealing, considering I'm more introverted than extroverted. Moving out and getting to live with 5 strangers is kind of a big step out of my comfort zone. However, if I never try, I'll never know what it's like to live on my own out here. If I absolutely can't stand it, then I'll move back to Rigby and drive up to campus when I need. I think that it'll be a change that I think I can get used to.

At Institute last night we were playing volleyball, and when our team made the comment that we couldn't see well because the sun was in our eyes, one of our teammates said to "play by faith." That comment really resonated with me. It's weird, but after he said that, all of us started getting better. I know that he was probably being silly when he said it, but in life that's kind of what we need to do. As long as we "play by faith," everything will be okay and will start getting better than it did without it.

Lesson Learned: Everything is well played when played by faith.

Self-Evaluation Time! I need to be better at playing by faith, and trusting that everything will work itself out. I'm the person who thinks everything needs to planned to death so that we can get it right, but now I find myself with a bit of a lack of faith when it comes to planning these events and them working out. I worry, worry, worry and worry more that something will go wrong and I won't be prepared for something, but as long as I play by faith, everything will work out. No more worrying about adjusting to college life. I've got God on my side. For me, that's enough for me to play it by faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment