Monday, October 6, 2014

A Change For The Better

Recently, I've looked at myself and thought about all of my little faults. How could I expect somebody so perfect to just waltz into my life and love me the way I'll love them if I'm not trying my absolute best to be the best Bek that I can possibly be. I know that if I am to expect such high things from people, I need to expect the best out of myself, and make it happen.

Anyways-- I kept thinking about it and decided I needed to change, especially after talking to this missionary, who let's face it, is pretty much perfect and is on the right track (obviously). Anyways, I talked to him about scriptures and all the things that I knew I was supposed to be doing. Talking to him was a type of wake up call, along with conference that told me I needed to get  on the right track. How great is it when somebody plus your friends give you advice on how to improve your life in aspects that you don't know how?

Conference was possibly the best thing that's happened to me since I got dumped(besides my friends coming to my aide and stuff). It was amazing to hear the words of the prophet after knowing in my heart that I needed to change, and that I had to be the one to initiate that and make it happen. I couldn't just continue on in life without actually trying after conference after all the talks about getting a constant flow of inspiration and revelation and all sorts of amazing things about keeping the Gospel in your life, and standing in holy places. After conference, I was absolutely inspired. Especially since I got to talk about it with a couple different people about all the different talks that were given-- even my dad!

Looking back into my childhood, I have a lot to thank my dad for. Turns out, he's the one who taught me how to read, but more importantly, he taught me how to read and study my scriptures. Way back when I was in fourth grade, lived in Rexburg, and my sister had cancer and my parents were just initiating action on their divorce, me, my brother, and my father would all have scripture study together and explain each verse and put it into different easier-to-understand words. It was really nice looking back at it because I honestly think that was the year that I gained my true testimony of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Now, half-way through the first trimester of my Junior year, I know that I need to act on that testimony, and start walking my talk. With the help and support of my friends and Heavenly Father, I know that I can do anything. Stay Inspired, kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment