Wednesday, September 23, 2015

We're Alive, We're Loved

So, there is some things I haven't been telling you. I have a boyfriend now! I've had a boyfriend for about... two weeks now. You can probably guess who it is, too. Jared and I ended up kissing on Labor Day and now we're happily in a relationship as of September 8th. Jared and I have already had our moments together. We've been able to cry on each other's shoulders, and well... even endure yet another car accident.

Today, around 2:55 pm, Jared was taking me home and when we went past an intersection on the highway (with no lights) a car pulled out in front of us and we T-boned it and hit the driver's side of the vehicle. I remember vaguely seeing the car pull out in front of us and shouting "Jared, stop the car!" Jared remembers that I screamed right before we hit. I remember Jared freaking out and saying that he couldn't breathe and asking in panic if I was okay. I was. It felt the same as the last time I had gotten in an accident, just a month previous. He told me he was sorry as he was having trouble breathing. I was incredibly calm during this this moment. Scarily calm, in fact.

Immediately, people rushed over to help us. They helped us out of the car and got us off the road. They asked us to describe what happened and since my boyfriend looked like he was in shock, I started to answer them to tell them that we T-boned the other car. I noticed that as I was speaking, I could hardly hear myself. I didn't know how loud I was talking, but it was almost as if someone was plugging my ears. I could hardly hear anything and I started to get really dizzy. My knees started to give out and my vision went completely blurry, I could only seen some colors and vague little shapes. Collapsing, Jared and the person next to me, caught me. I felt like I had just blacked out a little.

I remember sitting on the ground and trying to stand up again, but they told me to stay down. Jared, being the awesome boyfriend that he is, sat by me and made sure that I was okay. We discovered that there were a couple scars on my arm, a few bruises on my legs, and a giant gash in my knee cap, caused by the lack of a glove compartment in Jared's car. I literally bent the metal with my knee. I also ended up getting this really bad seat belt rash/bruise from the top of my shoulder to the middle of my chest and an even worse bruise underneath my breast. This bruise is so bad that I cannot show you the entire thing because of it's awkward placement on my body. However, I will show you a tiny section of this painful spot on my body. Along with this major bruise, I have a possibility of being bruised internally. I have a lot of little minor bruises all over my body and it makes it hard not to be sore all over.

Once my parents arrived, we walked over to my car and I hugged Jared for a long time and cried in his shoulder just because of the adrenaline and the shock and how happy I was that he was safe. We waited there until Jared's mom came to pick him up and take him over to the doctor. I felt really bad about the other driver. Apparently she got a concussion, and they spent a good amount of time prying her out of the car. Luckily, everyone was okay.

Overall, this is just more proof that Heavenly Father loves me and tries his hardest to keep his children safe. It's truly another miracle that me and my boyfriend walked out without any major injuries. Well, aside from the 3 staples I got in my knee and my further back problems and battle wounds. I'm just glad that all the X-Rays and EKGs turned out alright and that I'm okay. I'm especially glad that my boyfriend isn't in any major pain, other than his knee, which I heard is kinda swelled up. What matters now is that we're alive and that we're loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment