Wednesday, September 9, 2015

That Butterfly Dagger Feeling

Okay, I'm not going to lie. There's some big decisions that need to be made in my life. These decisions may not seem all that big to other people my age, but they're those kinds of decisions that will determine where I'm going and what I'm going to be doing in my future. I won't go into detail about what these decisions are. After all, they're my decisions and I want to keep them to myself. The truth is, I'm scared about what the next chapter holds.

For all I know, I could wind up not going to the college of my choice. I could wind up losing all of my friends as they go off to do great things. I could wind up doing what I'm doing now, sitting in my parent's basement. Right now, I just wish I could stop time. I want to live in this moment. Right here, right now. I want to sleep. I want to hang out with my loved ones. I want to binge-watch a Netflix series. I feel so unready.

At the same time, I've never felt more ready to take a leap into what I've been both excited and scared about. Do you know that feeling? That feeling of butterflies in your stomach? It feels good at first because of the adrenaline you get, but then those butterfly wings turn into little tiny daggers as you think of life without taking the leap. Sometimes you just have to take the leap. Those who never jumped into the air, never took flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment