Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Adventure of a Lifetime

My stuff. It's all packed up now. I'll move in on Friday. Saying goodbye continues to be strange, but I've learned more about where I'll be living. I know where my room is, and I know who two of my roommates are, and met one of them a week or so ago. I think me and my mom have scraped together enough money to pay for my first semester's rent. I might even have enough to go buy the things I need to move in with on move in day.

It's definitely weird watching all the friends I have that are younger than me go back to school, while I sit on my butt and play video games and design websites. I'm both jealous and entirely not. I'm not jealous because I've already been there, but I'm jealous because they're there with their friends that they get to see every single day. I'm here by myself, trying to make plans that end up falling through.

I'm just glad that I got to experience what I did in the past couple weeks. I got to see my heroes-- Coldplay perform in Salt Lake City on August 31, 2016. 



The part that was perfect about this concert was that I was originally in Row 17, but after "Bishop Briggs" performed (She was amazing, look her up.) I got offered to move up by this kind couple who had friends in another row. We gladly agreed to switch seats. We moved up to Row 5! I was so close to the stage that I could see Coldplay's sweat fall. This concert was the best night ever, and definitely my new happy place, even though this was a once in a lifetime opportunity for me.

That's not all we did that week though, we also went to Comic Con the next day!


Among the Mark Hamil and William Shatner panels, we also went to see all the vendors who were selling everything you could imagine. I was amazed, but there was even a Swan Princess booth, and I got to meet the Executive Producer of the series, Seldon Young. (Swan Princess is my favorite childhood movie, definitely a classic) I got a few photo ops, but definitely a good time. If you ever get the chance to go to Comic Con make sure you go all the days, bring a battery to charge your phone, bring someone you love, bring plenty of money (I only bought two things), and expect to pay a pedicab to bring you back to your car (our feet were so tired afterwards)

No comments:

Post a Comment