Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Prosper in Perseverance

Hello, my lovely inspire-rs. I just saw this absolutely magnificent and fun post posted on our choir's Facebook page. It was so inspiring that I've decided to share it with you guys, and feel free to check up on Doodle Alley whenever possible because from the looks of it, it's spreading inspiration everywhere. I give it my full and total support, and I suggest that you give it your support also.

http://doodlealley.com/2012/10/10/be-friends-with-failure/

Anyways, I haven't posted in a while because I've been competing with Dawson for my grades... The only class he's better than me in right now is Algebra, I have a 95 in the class, and he's got a 96! Unbelievable! I thought I was the one who was good at Algebra. To me, it seems like he does amazingly well whenever I'm in the class with him. He seems to just sit there soaking it all up like a sponge and applying each lesson where he needs to. THAT's possibly the best quality you could get from a student. Now if only I could get right down to it. Is he obsessed with the competition that we're doing...or is he trying to impress me? Oh, the mysteries of  Dawson Hammond continue as we leap in to find out more and more about this kid. I thought I knew him, but apparently I still don't know him enough... Which reminds me of a quote...a quote that he has said...about me.

Well this picture brings us perfectly into tonight's subject.When do we really know somebody? Honestly, if you think about it you never can know someone. There's infinitely many layers to them that we've yet to uncover. Heck, chances are they probably haven't peeled back the layers of who they are. Maybe they don't even know who they are entirely. Sure, we've got the main things like oh, I want to be a graphic designer when I grow up, but that never explains who I am. It only says who I aspire to be. It only says what I want to do with my life. Keeping that in mind, it makes us wonder, "Who am I?" I know what categories I fit into, I know what my name is, but that never explains who I am. Maybe the logical answer to the question is... "The world may never know." Even if we're still discovering our many layers and different parts of who we are. 

Why do we dwell on such a hard question? Purpose! We all want to know what our duty is in life, itself so that we can strive to do the right thing and get it done right just to get it over with. But that's not even the point of life. The point of life is to do the right thing anyways and get through all the obstacles and challenges and persevere. Even if we trip along the way, we're going to be just fine because everybody makes mistakes! We're all learning more and more about agency, the power to choose. And that my friends, is the secret to life in itself. Perseverance through the toughest of times. As a teenager, I know exactly what it's like to sit and wonder "What's my purpose in life? Why am I even here? Ugh, when will this all be over?" But... That's not even positive. If you want to modernize this up a bit and say, YOLO then that's fine too. But if you only live once, shouldn't you be having fun along the way and making the right choices instead of things that you'll regret in life? On lives the saying, but think about what you're doing first and if it's the right decision. Will you prosper in your perseverance and never regret a thing, or will you let yourself down because you're too busy trying to find who you are? Step back and look at the picture...Success or Loneliness. Good or Bad. Perseverance or Indifference? It's your agency. Choose what life you want to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment