Friday, October 28, 2016

A Place To Crash

Wow. There's a lot going on in my life right now. I didn't think anything would happen with my parents when I moved out, but a week or so ago I found out some pretty big news. It's shocking, so take off your socks so that I don't knock them off.

They're actually thinking of moving to somewhere hot during the cold weather. Vegas or Arizona specifically.

At first I thought that they were kidding. I laughed and played it off as a joke when they accidentally mentioned it around me. They keep talking about it. They're actually serious. They even said that me and Jared can have the house when they leave and we need a place to crash during school. It's crazy to think, but I can actually stay in my home ward during my future college life while I'm married.

I keep wondering if this is one of their plans that they never go through with, but they keep bringing up different plans that they have and I'm not sure that I'm ready for them to leave me quite yet. I don't know who all knows what their plan is, but I'm pretty sure it's on the down low. I haven't even told a lot of my friends. I'd be surprised if my siblings knew because they were keeping it from me.

Adulthood hits when life moves on for those around you as you move on with yours. Everything changes. Not even parents stay the same! At least not their location. It just didn't sound anything like something they would consider doing. They say it would only be during the cold months that they would pack up all the dogs and move, but I can honestly see them staying put and not coming back to their little home in Grant.

I feel sad that I have to say goodbye to them, but if it's just during those cold months than when I move back to Grant during my off-track I'll only live alone for 2 months, so I guess it isn't too bad. It also depends on when they plan on packing up and moving. I would have to guess that it's either going to happen around December 2017 or December 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment