Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016: Now In My Memories

2016 was actually a really great year for me. So many things happened and I feel like I accomplished a lot, despite the drama and the friends that I lost this year.

To start, in February I was involved with the 2016 All-State High school Mixed Choir. I made so many memories and grew overall as a singer because of my experiences there. Using what I had learned from Mr. Rasmussen and Mr. Burrows, I was able to better those around me and learn from others. I met so many new people and added those perceptions to my overall view of our extremely diverse world.

I got accepted to BYU-Idaho and Idaho State University and made a really big decision by turning down Idaho State University, despite it's amazing Psychology program. I had to follow my heart and Heavenly Father and go to BYU-Idaho. I really was looking forward to going to Idaho State, but I'll have to wait 3 and half years to start my Master's degree there. In hindsight I'm incredibly grateful that I chose to come to BYU-Idaho. I know that I was meant to meet the people here in Rexburg, Idaho and that I am being led in the best direction for my future. I didn't think that I'd do that great in higher education, but I ended my first semester (16 credits) with a 3.8 GPA.

I got my driver's license. After overcoming fear after fear about car crashes and becoming an adult, I finally conquered my fear and got my driver's license with a nearly perfect driving score and a 100% on the written test. A month or two after getting my license, I got my first car. It wasn't a new car. "Debra" has been in the family since I was super little. She's had a taste of a few car accidents, too. She's a Honda Civic EX 2000. She's had a lot of work done on her this year, but she fulfills my needs most of the time. 

I graduated high school. I never thought that I'd leave with a high honors (3.9 GPA overall); especially after nearly failing the 7th grade because online schooling was not my forte back then. High school felt like it would never end, and yet it was done and over with in the blink of an eye. So many people were set in my path to both make my life harder and make my life a lot easier. I was able to really connect with so many people. I definitely made lifetime friends in high school. I don't think that very many people can genuinely say that.

I got to see my heroes perform live and go to Comic Con. Coldplay is honestly my favorite band of all time and to see them was a dream come true. I can honestly say that watching them perform at their A Head Full of Dreams tour was the best night of my life. Comic Con was pretty interesting, too. I didn't expect that many shops to be set up, but I loved it. Looking at everything was my favorite part. We only attended two panels, but that's just because we didn't know anybody else who was going to be there that well. I was satisfied.

I moved out even though I didn't expect to move out at all this year. My initial plan was to live in my parent's basement and commute by bus ride to Idaho State University. Of course, I could've driven to BYU-Idaho, but I made an agreement with my mom that I'd try living outside of the house for at least 2 semesters to see how I like it and get the whole college experience. Living with 5 other girls was a big challenge. I didn't like my roommate. I didn't have a problem with anyone else in our apartment though. I think I'll miss living with them. Some of us even went to a rock opera together: "Deep Love." We'd had movie nights, a couple parties, and even just laughed and hung out in our living room. Moving out was quite the experience and I'm excited to see what journeys me and my next roommates will go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment