Monday, January 23, 2017

Ja-NEW-ary

I've been trying to do a lot of self-improvement lately. There's been a lot going on that I haven't been able to talk about here on the blog, but I'll just say that I'm going through a lot of transitions. I've had to rely on the Lord pretty heavily lately, but I wouldn't say that's a bad thing. I've come to know and understand God's plan to me a lot better than I did last year. This month has been overwhelmingly hard. The stress of getting things done in this college atmosphere is still prevalent, but not as relevant as the emotions that I've been overcome by.

I have felt the Spirit so strongly this month as I've gone about my studies and my personal life. Through discussions with other church members, my parents, and even my roommates, I've began to see the bigger picture a lot clearer than before. Reality is hitting me, and I'm actually not scared of it. I feel prepared for whatever is to come and I'm hopeful that it's really what I need to come closer to God and become a better person overall.

God has provided me with a few wonderful roommates to help me manage this life transition and rant if needed. I've got people in every class that I can sit and talk to about anything. I've been blessed with the ability to understand how things apply to my life.

I've been seeing connections to things everywhere. There's been things that would appear as coincidences, but I know they're just not. It's like I have been set on this path for a long time and am just now getting to an intersection where I have a big decision to make. I have already decided and confirmed with my Heavenly Father which path would be right for me out of the paths he has laid before me. Time will just be a matter of whether or not I actually go through with those paths.

College is a stressful time in life; especially when you have outside factors affecting your schooling. Life right now is literally eat, study, and sleep. For outside factors to play a role in college it makes grades and understanding suffer because there is so many other things that you could be doing rather than reading a chapter in one of your psychology text books or learning about aspects of photography and science.

Just remember the things that are important. Spend most of your time there.

No comments:

Post a Comment