Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Always My Superman

Life has certainly thrown me into a blender. Not to say that smoothies aren't wonderful, but I've undergone a lot of changes. I feel that I've matured into who God needs me to be right now. I've had a lot of things to figure out over 2017 so far. I'm sure that a lot of people have been saying that, but I know that I'm headed into a brand new direction.

Usually, I try not to do these, but this post is a dedicatory post to my best friend. I fell for him around 2 and a half years ago. I fell for him before I was ever into "Superman." I fell for him when I was at my lowest point and was trying to improve myself to be worthy for such a man to come into my life. Finally, a girl's choice dance popped up. I wasn't going to ask anybody, but then I felt the urge to ask him out. "Will You Be My Superman?" Turns out he liked Batman, but I got a date out of it anyways!

I kept lying to myself then. I kept saying that I liked Superman before I liked Jared and that I only liked Superman because of Smallville on the CW. No. The secret's out. I like Superman because he, to me, is the embodiment of my real-life superhero, Jared. I didn't really know him then. I'm still finding out about his kryptonite, but as time has passed, he becomes more and more like Superman.

After a life time of everyone telling him he was just Clark Kent, I came into his life and saw more. I saw him as he could become, and as he was to me. I saw him as a hero. He would later revive my testimony and my faithfulness in Christ. He would help me at my lowest, and later become my best friend. Time after time, I never thought I could ever measure up to Jared. Finding out that we've been saving each other this entire time is astounding.

Jared was truly the man I prayed for in my life. In each other and in Christ, we are made perfect and whole. Satan will continue to give us reasons to leave each other, but I know in my heart that his soul's worth is great in the sight of our Heavenly Father. For someone, so full of weakness, to be seen as superman, is staggering. But he's been there all along.

We were so lost and then when we found each other, we also found Christ. We didn't realize it at first, and then we looked behind us.

No comments:

Post a Comment