Monday, March 27, 2017

Diamond

Here is a poem I wrote for my Personal Achievement class. I turned this in as a Personal Mission Statement, but it came out as a poem of sorts. I guess that's just what my heart wanted for the assignment. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy.

Diamond
by Rebekah Phillips

I am a diamond.
I change under pressure.
If it wasn’t for the worst,
Then could I get better?

If it weren’t for ink,
Could I have changed?
If I weren’t covered in faults,
Could I have been refined?

Through trials and hard places,
I found comfort in familiar faces.
I turned bad into good;
I turned can’t into could.

Starting as coal
Changed due to weather,
I am a diamond.
I change under pressure.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you come to this blog to bully me out of my religion again?

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete