Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Ratchet

He just called again. I'm still speechless about it. Last night, I laid awake thinking of him, and praying for him to either get ungrounded or for us to have the ability to talk the next day. I fell asleep to tears in my eyes once again, and headphones blasting with the same playlist as the night before's.

We just talked, that's all it was. He told me what had happened to him that night after he read my blogpost from the previous day, "The Same." I felt bad because I saw how he had taken the last couple of sentences. "Of course there's still hope for Drawkah. It's just...I'm still shattered after all that has happened to me because of the simple mistakes that Drawkah has made. It's hard, but I'm ready for a new start.That was hard for him to read for multiple reasons. On the top of his list, which he was trying to see what would happen or what was going through my head, was he thought that I was getting prepared to break up with him, and call Drawkah off. After all this time, would I ever just drop him suddenly like he worried about? I thought to myself, Would I ever do that to someone? The answer was no, because in a situation like that, you have to let them fade away. Just like I stated in "The Key to Understanding," we need to put ourselves in other's shoes, and look at it from their perspective. So that, I did. I saw what he meant. I saw that he was hurt and confused, and it's why he needed to talk to me about it. I felt terrible. I know that if I ever read something like that, but about me, I'd feel horrible, and be confused, and think that he was going to break up with me again. I'd just like to say: It won't happen, and I'm sorry, Dawson.

Going on with my day, I thought I'd tell about my dream. For some reason my family was doing a version of "Big Brother," and we had to travel the world for all these competitions, but whoever was the best at their chores, received the Head of Household room, and privileges of choosing where we went next. In my dream, we went to Africa, and one of the competitions there was held in Kenya. However, I didn't know how to get to my home there in Africa, and everyone else had already left. I waited outside for a bus to come, but nothing came. Suddenly, I see a tiny little bike that has a motor, and is being driven by a bug-looking creature. The bug's name was Ratchet, and he asked if I needed a lift, and he dropped me off at a house that looked identical to my house back home. I walked back inside, and fell asleep. I wake up, and it's time to get the Power of Veto to save myself from the block, and I walked to the kitchen to make some food, and there's Ratchet making me food. He smiled, and gave me a plate full of Blueberry muffins and hash browns, and french toast. I took the food knowing that I had just made a new friend. Ratchet drove me to the competition on his tiny little motorbike, that also kind of looked like a wagon. After the competition, Dawson said he wanted to hang out at my house, as his sparkly veto necklace hung from his neck. I said yes, and called Ratchet to come pick me up. Ratchet drove us to a party, where his house was. It felt like we weren't even in Africa at all! It was like we were just in a big big neighborhood. We walked into his house, and were greeted by Hatchet, Ratchet's brother. We hung out for a little bit, and then a girl from my school, Juli, told us to get out because she didn't want any guests. Ratchet, Dawson, and I all left the party, disappointed, and Ratchet said he was sorry, that he had to go, and I had to drive myself using his motor-bike/wagon thingy. Hopping on to the bike, I realized that it was really easy to control. Dawson sat behind me, and rested his head on my shoulder, as I drove. We made a tiny pit-stop at his house, when he said that he wanted to drive. Since he was going the wrong way, I hurried and sat on his stomach somehow, and started driving even more. We kept driving and Dawson was on the ground screaming "Stop it, that tickles!" I laughed, and continued to drive. Dawson and I got home, and he said that he'd sleep on the couch, and he let me know that I was safe for the following week. I woke up that next day, and Ratchet made us breakfast once again, and I knew that Ratchet was probably the best friend I could ever have. Then I ended my dream by waking up.

"Lil" Shout-Out of the Day:
Ratchet and Hatchet: Even though you two are both just a figment of my imagination, and a creature in my dreams, you both are still the best friends I could have, and I hope to run into you again soon. Thanks for everything, and I love you!

"Epic" Song of the Day: Meet me Halfway by The Black Eyed Peas

No comments:

Post a Comment