Sunday, July 7, 2013

Turn it Around

Today, I woke up with a frown on my face, and decided I didn't have a good reason to come out of my room. Since it's Fast Sunday today, I still had to get up and get ready for church, so I did. I was really upset about a lot of things. It was just one of those days where you didn't want to talk to anybody except for one person, in my case, Dawson, and you just wanted to lay in bed all day and eat chocolate. Getting up, I walked to the car because it was time to go to church. The bishop shook my hand, and asked me how I was doing. I couldn't lie, so I told him I was doing terrible with a smile on my face. He said "Come and see me after church ends, and tell me then. I guarantee you'll be better." We sat down, and we happened to be right behind the missionaries. We shook their hands, and just waited for the meeting to start. When all of a sudden, I'm asked to give a youth talk...In my head I think Oh great. Then I'm saved, as my mom says that we won't be here next Sunday, and so he tells us the next Sunday I'll give one. He asks me what I need to work on, and my mom slips in and says "Nothing! She's perfect!" As the missionaries write down what day I'll be going up to give my talk, he says "How about prayer?" Mom and I look at each other at the same time, and both think "That's my/her strongest subject!" We both laugh and continue to wait for the meeting to start, when the missionaries turn around and start giving me tips on how to give a good talk. Elder Simmons cracked a joke, and said If you want them to be touched, uplifted, and moved, all you have to do is have them touch their heart, stand up, and step two feet to the left. THAT way, they have all been touched, uplifted and moved. We all laughed and then Sacrament meeting started.

So far my day seemed to be going uphill since everyone was smiling at me, and giving me that look that tells me that I need to be happy. I start to think during Sunday school, and I ask myself, Am I happy? and I think of course I am. Later in Young Women's, it was time to bear our testimonies because after all, it was Fast Sunday. I told them about how my morning went, and how I told my step-brothers to not even talk to me, and then I told them how the bishop shook my hand, and how I got asked to do the next youth talk. I mentioned how Taylor and Samantha had kept smiling at me, and how the missionaries were by us, and giving me tips on how to do it. I closed by saying that I love our ward so much, and that everything has a reason, and that I love the gospel, and I closed my testimony, and went back to my seat. The next girl who had gotten up to bear her testimony said that she also woke up with a bad day, and that her step-brother was able to cheer her up, and then the next testimony was Maggie, Taylor and Samantha's little sister, confirming that Taylor and Samantha are phenomenal at cheering people up. I smile, as I bow my head for the prayer. Shaking after we had said Amen, I run out to my car. I was excited to get home and blog about my bad, but wonderful day. I'm here to say that if you're having a bad day, count your blessings, and know that the future is going to get better and better the more trials you go through. Just know that it's all for something good. We're all going to be saved.

"Lil" Shout-Out of the Day:
Chelsea:
Hey girl, I'm leaving Friday to somewhere..(that you know about) I'm sorry but we won't be able to hang out this next week either, and the week I get back, I'll have 2 days to pack for Girls Camp, and then I'll be gone even more. I love you, Chels, but no joke..I'm not even free any time soon. Stay strong, and remain positive. Just know, it gets better, it gets better. it will get better.*referring to a Fun song*
"Epic" Song of the Day: Sunday Morning- Acoustic by Maroon 5

3 comments:

  1. I wanna be the very best
    Like no one ever was
    To catch them is my real test
    To train them is my cause

    I will travel across the land
    Searching far and wide
    Each Pokemon to understand
    The power that's inside

    Pokemon, (gotta catch them all) its you and me
    I know it’s my destiny
    Pokemon, oh, you're my best friend
    In a world we must defend
    Pokemon, (gotta catch them all) a heart so true
    Our courage will pull us through

    You teach me and I'll teach you
    Po-ke-mon, gotta catch 'em all

    Every challenge along the way
    With courage I will face
    I will battle every day
    To claim my rightful place

    Come with me, the time is right
    There's no better team
    Arm in arm we'll win the fight
    It's always been our dream

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that this is very true in several aspects... I think a lot of us "woke up on the wrong side of the bed", because I also had a bad morning, but it turned out to be pretty amazing at the end, because I took the advice of a very amazing friend. I took a long walk, and thought about my blessings, and ended up at an old friend's house... I had a great time at their house, and that helped make my day better.
    So I want to say thank you to you, Rebekah. For being such an amazing person. And for always being there for others and making other people's lives better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, Jay. You know that I care about you. I'm glad that your day turned out to be better than it had started. Stay Strong.
      -Lil Miss Epic

      Delete