Monday, January 20, 2014

Forever and Ever, Babe

16 months ago today, I asked an amazing boy to try out a relationship with me... That relationship is still running strong. We hardly ever fight, but when we do, it ends instantaneously. Drawkah is the best thing that's ever happened to me, and I couldn't ask for a better man to be with for the rest of my life.

Today I spent the day with my father, and we did a number of things. First we went to the community park in Idaho Falls and walked around for a while talking about random stuff, and how Dawson asked me out to the Winter Ball, and all the fun things I've got planned for the future and we talked about how I'll be out of high school in about 2 and a half years,

We went to the temple and saw the restoration movie they had at the visitor's center, and afterwards we went to Smitty's and I worked on homework while we were there.

It was so fun, but the highlight of the time I had with my father was the conversation we had on the way home. He asked: "What are your life plans?" I said: "Dad... I want to marry him." There was a slight pause, and then I said: "Daddy, you know I love him." He replied with an "I know you do." We ended up talking about religion and how important it was that he goes on a mission. In the end, I know that I deserve a return missionary, but I'm not sure that's what Dawson has foreordained for him. Maybe he's meant to go into the marines, or maybe he's just meant to stay home with me. We don't have a clue... But, I know I want to be with him, and I don't think anyone can stop that. The next time he asks if I love him, I'll quote Adam Sandler from Click and reply "Forever and Ever, Babe."

No comments:

Post a Comment