Thursday, November 20, 2014

First Tri Recap 2014

Finals week! I can't believe how much of a mess this week has been with all of the finals and trying to finish up tests and notes and last-minute assignments. At least it will give people the wake-up-realization that they need to be more organized for next trimester and have much better time management. However, for me, it was still stressful even though I had most of everything done. It was hard because throughout the entire trimester I was trying to balance my school work and my fun.

The bad thing about high school is that just about every teacher at our school likes to think that their class is the only class that you have... EVEN if it's advisory. It's not very convenient when you have made plans and then they get all messed up just because your teachers decide that your education requires pages upon pages of homework. Sure, they give you time in class. But maybe we should spend less time getting lectured on how bad we are, and more time learning about how to do what we need to do.

In English, the score I got on my Final wasn't any better OR any worse from my Pretest score. It makes me pretty disappointed in knowing that I didn't really improve all trimester. However, in Chemistry and Trigonometry I felt like I learned a lot and had a few aha moments in the class as well. Yet, in my History grade, I felt like I didn't learn anything after an entire trimester of sweat and hard work... even though I got an A. As for Chamber Singers, I feel like I improved a ton vocally and was able to express myself in more ways than just singing with everybody. With things such as group games and challenging warm-ups, I feel as if I've become a lot better than I was when it was just Burrows teaching us. Ras has definitely improved our choral program.

Even though for the most part I didn't have any fun classes, I was still able to make the best of each of my days at RHS this trimester. I strengthened and made friendships. Just in one trimester, I've been able to better realize the importance of friendship. Gosh, how is it that I had forgotten how awesome friendship was when I was too busy thinking about me and my own relationship? I feel disappointed in myself looking back on last year and how much I pushed people away from me, when I could have strengthened bonds even more with them while it lasted, instead I let my friends fade away. I couldn't feel any more sorry for the opportunity I lost sight of my Sophomore year.

No comments:

Post a Comment