Sunday, June 21, 2015

Steal My Heart and Hold My Tongue

Don't wait...

Those two little words used to mean to go out and find what you've been searching for. Now? Those words seem to pose a new threat. Those words quite honestly scare me. To think I could get engaged a year from now, if I wasn't to wait a few years before finding the guy I want. The thought is frightening.

Personally, I don't see myself getting involved in an eternal commitment so quickly. Or rather, I hope that I don't get involved too fast. After all, my parents lack of knowledge is kind of what made the mistake of their marriage. I want to know what I'm getting myself into. I want to take my time. If I know somebody could be the one, I'm willing to not let go; provided that they love me in return.


When someone is the right someone, you'll do anything to make it work. I'm not admitting that I feel this way right now, but I feel it may pose a threat to finding the right someone if I'm not careful.

It may be time to get more serious after high school, but it doesn't mean that I should actively search for a future husband. First, I should be searching for a best friend. After all, who doesn't want to marry someone they can joke around with? Then maybe, if they have the right qualities, I could get to know them more and figure out whether or not they're right.

I don't know which way I'm going. I'm only 17, so it's kind of far-fetched to be thinking about these kind of things. It's deep-thinking in my case, but it's something that frightens me... finding the right someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment