Monday, June 1, 2015

Storms Pass

Storms pass us by in a blink of an eye.
Every now and then, I think you.
Again and again, I wonder why.
I knew that it wasn't true.
I knew it wouldn't last.
But you can't blame me.
I put it all in the past.
-Rebekah Phillips
Every now and then, I find myself looking back in the past to see what I can do in the life I have control of right now to make my future better. In the past I've been so ignorant as to disregard my own standards, leading me down a path of heartbreak.

I've changed from the person I would've been.

But... If I could go back and change that, I wouldn't. I'm just glad that I have a chance now to change for the better. If I didn't sin the way I did I probably wouldn't have the good friends I have right now, nor the experience to help other people down their own paths.

I'm so glad for being part of a forgiving faith that lets me repent and be forgiven of all the wrong I have done. The repentance process has helped me forgive others that I feel have done me wrong. The people in my church have helped me and accepted me for who I am.

To this, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I offer my gratitude. Thank you for helping me through this gray storm, and helping me find the light... his light... in every situation I've come upon. This church has been the most reliable thing for me, on this Earth. I owe it my life.

Want to learn more? Visit LDS.org

No comments:

Post a Comment