Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Conquering Stage Freight

I go up to the front of the room, with confidence in my steps as the class cheers me on. I look up to all the people that I'll be singing to. "Hi, my name's Rebekah Phillips and I will be singing The Star Spangled Banner." I said, confidently. I start to sing, and it went amazingly, and just the way that I practice when I'm alone, and singing the way I do when nobody else is around. My true voice was coming out, but without all the voice tricks and showing off, as others would do. I get to the halfway mark, and I slightly look up to see all of their faces staring at me, intently, and I quickly looked back down at the stand with the words on it. I start to shake, as I get a weird vibrato going on. I tried to make it stop, and I was so nervous. When I hit the line "Gave proof through the night," I regained my focus, and had almost stopped shaking. I smiled as I sang the rest of the song, and my voice echoed across the room. "And the home of the brave." I sang, as I thought: Bek that was brave... The class cheered for me, and clapped enthusiastically. I got looks such as "Wow, I didn't know you could do that!", "Good job!" and "That was amazing, Bek!" I was actually proud of myself. I turn around in my seat, and Mr. Burrows smiles and nods at me, symbolizing the words "Bek, that was amazing." I did it... I conquered my fear of stage freight, once more. I can do this.

Song of the Day: Star Spangled Banner


Shout-Out of the Day:
Gavin and Dawson: Stay strong you guys, you know I'm here for you guys no matter what happens. You're the best guys I could ask for! Dawson, as your girlfriend, I promise to never leave your side or cheat on you, or betray you in any way. Gavin, as your sister, I promise to help you as best I can, talk to you when I can, and be there for you always.

Hey guys, it's kinda my 90th post, and I wanted to celebrate it with you guys! Go like my Facebook page?

No comments:

Post a Comment