Thursday, April 3, 2014

My Bottle



Do you ever feel like you're just holding all of your emotions in a bottle that's ready to explode when you next open it up to push the next frustration in? That's my life right now. One minute I'm giddy and happy at school, and then I just get home and cry it all out. Tears upon tears. Without REASON. Many people say that yes, you sometimes do need a good cry. Afraid of those tears coming out in public, I just push it down deeper only for it all to come out when I'm sitting at home alone at night listening to music or just doing homework.

This. This is what stress is like. The stress that you feel when you have too much on your plate but want to do nothing at all. The stress that you feel when you want to talk to someone about your feelings, but feel like it's not worth it or they won't understand. Without fail, I've been able to pull off crying every single day for a month. It's just not healthy. Just listening to music... I feel that I get the closure that I need. I can express those feelings through song. I feel that I can relate to every song that I've been listening to. If only I could just send them my playlists and see what they can help me with. Even my playlists have mood swings. One minute I'm singing along to Happy by Pharrell Williams, and then next I'm listening to Better That We Break by Maroon 5 and just crying my eyes out, and then listening to You and Me (or Everything) by Lifehouse and wishing that Dawson were near.

What's wrong? I would love to ask myself the same question. My sister has "searched for the answer" by asking me random questions about how I've been feeling lately, and she says it's all because I have attachment issues. I'm too attached to my friends and well everybody that I'm close to. She said that even though a lot of my friends are abandoning me for other people in their lives right now, I need to simply let go. How do I do that when I've known them for so long, and have this 'false' belief in my mind that everybody's going to stay because they love me. At what point is it okay for me to let go? At what point am I supposed to accept that they've moved on? At what point will the emotions drop?

How am I going to make it through tomorrow? There's a Lock-In. I'll be up all night and there's no way I want to make a scene and just start crying in front of everyone. Hopefully that night will be the night I finally stop my tears from falling. One minute I'm having the time of my life, and the next I'm in my room bawling about who knows what.

I've cried, and you'd think I'd be better for it, but the sadness just sleeps, and it stays in my spine the rest of my life.
-Conor Oberst

3 comments:

  1. I'll make sure that you won't be sad at the lock-in :D You'll have so much fun, you'll have to pee :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. You got the bladder of a man.

    ReplyDelete