Thursday, May 8, 2014

Losing My Mind

Every day I come home and wonder how I'm doing, and how I can improve myself for the day to come... Lately, I've come home and have been, overall, confused about my own emotions, about whether I'm depressed or overjoyed. So much has been going on that it's hard to tell the two apart sometimes. I may be crying about how incredibly blessed I am, or else I may be crying about how hard life is.

I can't keep carrying the weight of this heavy world on my shoulders. It's time to take a chill pill. But what must I do to just... relax? I've taken Dawson out of my life after school, but yet... it's just made things worse, which basically leads me to believe that everybody's still wrong about him. Dawson's the sweetest guy I've ever come across, he's my soul-mate. As a teenager, adults constantly tell me about how we shouldn't be stressing about anything, and that they wish high-school would just last longer. But for me, right now, I personally can say that I'm having a rough time coping with everyday life.

The Savior and my Heavenly Father have definitely been helping, but honestly, it doesn't help when friends and family all are having a hard time, and also are needing my help, when I, myself, am having a hard time lifting myself up, and motivating myself. What more can I do other than to serve them and pray that things may get better? Life for nearly everyone it seems has gotten significantly worse. And what am I doing?  I'm crying about myself and how I don't know what to do for friends who are also feeling down in the dumps.

It's time to calm down, and it's time to sit down and just vent. That's what this blog is for, right? Life has been so overwhelming lately with almost all the aspects of what makes teens stress. From time management to social life and family to grades I've had it to my limit, and am losing my mind. What do I even want to do in my life? The only goal I have set for my life right now is to finish up high school, go to BYU-I and then marry my high school sweetheart, but... can I even survive the task at hand?

Being an inspiration to me, means that I need to be able to be there for others when they need me most. In the past, I've been able to say that with pride, but right now I'm not even sure. All of my inspirations have been getting more and more different, and I can honestly say that I've lost respect for many. Being an inspiration is standing up for what you believe in and love the most, and I feel like I've fallen back into my old shy ways, and mainly just going with whatever comes.

I miss the old me, and I've been trying to get the old Bek back. Is that so wrong? Improving oneself is harder than it looks or feels, and I almost feel like I need to just... restart. What can you do when you've tried almost everything to cheer yourself up and get your eustress back instead of your distress? The answer is sincere prayer to our Heavenly Father. With sincere prayer to our Heavenly Father, many of our problems seem to simply disappear, especially when we thank him for all of the blessings that he has given us. But sometimes that isn't enough... Sometimes, all we need is a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment