Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Everything Is Going To Be Just Fine, Dear.

Not only am I going on one date this week, but I'm actually going on two! Cameron ended up asking me out today on a date for Saturday. He won't tell me what we're doing yet, because apparently it's a 'surprise' I'm really nervous about tomorrow though. Of course going on dates is all about exploring your feelings with one another, but I don't even know if I have feelings for Bridger to begin with! Of course I had a crush on him way back when, but that's not now anymore. I convinced myself I was over him. Who knows? Maybe him and I do have something. If we do, then I'd love to explore that even more. We'll see how it goes I guess.

After Drawkah went up in flames, I figured everything was just... over. But since then, I've found my hope again. Not hope for Drawkah exactly, but just hope for Bekah. "Everything is going to be just fine, dear." I whisper to myself late at night. "You are diamonds." Everything happened so fast, even in my dreams. It was just like the nightmares, and it even reoccurred like them too. I can still remember him whispering in my ear, "Bek, I'll never wake up and not love you anymore." But things change... People Can Change. One second, you're dancing on the tops of building and singing the one you love a beautiful love song, and the next, your bones are shattered because you tripped when everyone around you told you it was going to be just fine. But hey, what you do is let the medics help you up and get some surgery done on you!

Total Do-Over. That's what you do when you're single. Not only do you pick yourself up and fix yourself with the help of your family and friends, but you put yourself out there. People need to know that you're alright, and that you're dateable. At least that's the experience I've gone through. Start texting other people other than just your ex. That's what I've done, and it's worked miracles. He's not on my mind 24/7 like he used to be. Instead, I'm concentrating on me. Who needs the boys to tell you how pretty you are when you're the one who makes it happen every day? <3

When it comes to self love, being pretty doesn't have anything to do with it, even though it may make you feel better inside to see that you're comfortable in your own skin. What do you do when you find yourself disgusted with the way you look? You fix it. Get up off of your booty, and do something about it. Don't just sit there and hate on yourself, do you think other people will love you if they see that not even you like yourself? Self-Love and Confidence are super attractive. But insecurities and put-downs will get you nowhere.

I can even testify this point, whenever I'd put myself down in Drawkah, we'd end up having some major problems. But with my experience with just talking to these other guys, they find it so attractive that they don't see me moping around, and instead they see me picking myself up and patting myself on the back, and telling myself I'm diamonds and that anybody would be lucky to be with me. And guess what? I'm right. I am a Daughter of God. In fact, all of us are Children of God. Anybody would be lucky to be with one of us. We are all special in our own quirky little ways. That's why we're so attracted to one another.

Picture this... You see your dream guy/girl crying on the floor with a knife beside them, and blood pouring out of their gut. When you run up beside them, they whisper in your ear "I was never good enough..."

This is the reason why bullying is not okay. Find somebody who is going to raise you up instead of put you down, and cling tight to them, with the support of your friends and family. You wouldn't want anybody you love to end up like this... Treat everybody with kind words and acceptance. What if all of that happened after you guys got in a fight? Then you'd feel just terrible for the words you may have said. Believe me, I've had that nightmare millions of times. Being mean, gets you nowhere. But standing up for yourself, and your friends is a different story. There's a fine line between the two. Think about what you say to those around you, you never know what they're going through until you've been through it yourself.

Today's Lesson: Love Everyone. It's important that you treat everybody with respect and the way you would want to be treated. Being considerate about other's feelings is everything in communication and relationships in general, not just lovers, but friends and family too.

Songs-Of-The-Post: My Beautiful Rescue by This Providence and A Sky Full Of Stars by Coldplay

My Beautiful Rescue: (callback to 2nd paragraph) "One second, you're dancing on the tops of building and singing the one you love a beautiful love song, and the next, your bones are shattered because you tripped when everyone around you told you it was going to be just fine" Oh, how amazingly accurate this song really is, the real lyrics for the 2nd verse of the song is:

I've been dancing on the tops of buildings.
At the top of my lungs I'm singing you a song.
Don't you leave me alone.
My bones were shattered.
My pride lays shattered.
Well I'll trample my pride and tell the whole world.
To dance with me.


A Sky Full Of Stars: In our own little ways, we're all a sky full of stars. It just depends on how brightly we want to shine. Don't dim your light, if anything shine it brighter! NEVER be afraid of being yourself. It makes you, you!

No comments:

Post a Comment