Friday, August 15, 2014

He Lifts Me Up

Even if we're not together... he still helps me through everything. His kind and caring words when I'm falling apart. He's always been there. Isn't friendship just amazing? Isn't that what friendship is all about? He's the voice in my head when I have tears in my eyes telling me that everything is going to be alright and telling me not to cry. Even if we've had our crumbling moments... we've still been able to help lift each other up, and in all honesty, I'm so grateful for him and all of his help. Who is he? Oh.. just an old friend of mine.. Somebody that I used to know, but have gotten to know much better in the past month.

Instead of leaving me feeling hopeless, he fills me up with hope for the future and gives me faith to believe that whatever the future holds it'll be full of something better than what I have now. Whatever the ending goal is... he makes it seem spontaneous. He's honestly my best friend right now. Whenever something happens, I run to him knowing that he'll actually care. I mean.. he makes me feel good inside. He makes me feel like I can do anything I set my heart to. I am Diamonds. He helped me see that. Even just chatting over Facebook with him makes me see the good in myself.

Earlier today, I was falling apart inside because I had woken up from a very intense nightmare that questioned everything that I knew in my heart. I felt like crying, but he told me not to.. He comforted me. He said. "Rebekah. I love you okay? Listen to this one by them. Acoustic just like you love. Listen to the words of it. I love the words so much." Hopelessly, I clicked the link trusting that it would be alright.


He was right... it was perfect. It was exactly what I needed.

The lyrics swept me off of my feet, and wiped out every inch of doubt in myself that I had at that moment. Normal friends would've just nodded when I told them my nightmare and they would've told me to shake it off, and say that it it was bad but it's a good thing it didn't happen in real life. Afterwards, we talked about just random things like Coldplay and just.. things that were on our minds. But, this was the highlight of my day. 

Thank you... for cheering me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment