Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Devotional: Sin

Song of the Day:
Nearer My God To Thee (Hymn)

Shout-Out of the Day:
Dawson: I really hope you read this...I'm not saying that you're a sinner or whatever and that you need to knock it off, but I just hope that you know that I love you a lot, and that I care about you and that I feel that you need help...not in that way, but I feel like you need to hear from the missionaries, and see what they have to say. I think that you'd enjoy it, and so part of why I posted this devotional on my blog was to show that I'm not ashamed of my testimony, and to also be my own little missionary, and possibly turn heads by showing people that this gospel really is true. I hope you know that this is very important to me, and that I'm not afraid of posting thinks like this.

Okay so usually I wouldn't do this type of thing...like share my Devotional-plan with you guys...to the world and stuff, but I put some stuff in there that's kind of important, and it's all I can seem to think about right now as I write on my blog today...So, If you don't want to read my Devotional, then I suggest leaving this blog post right away, because this post is based on religion, and my religious beliefs. Also, if you didn't already know, I am LDS, or better known as a Mormon. If you're interested in what we believe in or have any questions at all, ask the missionaries (lol) or go to lds.org to learn more. =)

Devotional: Sin

In the Bible Dictionary under Fear it says: "Sin destroys that feeling of confidence God's child should feel in a loving Father, and produces instead a feeling of shame and guilt."

Sin can be very corrupting and can ultimately destroy nearly anything that may get in it's way. Especially if you don't repent for the sin that you committed. Why wouldn't we repent for a sing we have taken part in when we have the opportunity to because of what Christ did on the cross. However, even though sin can be very bad, it's essential in God's plan. For example, Christ died so that he could repent for our SINS. AND nobody is perfect anyways. A life without sin, is almost like us choosing Satan's plan because in his plan, we're not allowed to sin or screw up. WE're all forced to "choose" the right, when in reality we can't choose anyway because there's no free agency.

I'd like to bear my testimony that I know this church is true, and that we can repent because of the Atonement. I also know that sin is essential, but not the right path to choose. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. So... Beautiful. I loved it. I miss being able to give devotionals in Seminary. I love that you're growing your testimony and giving this now.
    Thanks for making my day even better. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Bek. I hope Dawson sees this.

    ReplyDelete