Friday, May 17, 2013

Hold On...To Your Everything

How many of you have lost someone, or gotten close to losing somebody that you love? That's right...raise your hand if you have. *Bek raises her hand* Okay, so here's the deal...when my sister, Rachel, had cancer...my family started to fall away from the gospel, and not hang on as tight as we should've. I personally know some people that WOULD be LDS if it weren't for a loved one to die. Here's what I am to say... Hold on tight to the gospel....it will help you get through your trials and hardships. Going through something incredibly hard? Hold on...he will protect you. Remember, life is all just a test to see how faithful we are towards our Heavenly Father. Are we going to blame him, and start taking the wrong path, or are we going to try holding on tight, and get help from other friends that care? What's the true point of this post? *sigh* Lately in my life, there's been a TON of talk about cancer...and the experiences people have gone through with it. I'm going to admit this, when Rachel was diagnosed with cancer, my world pretty much stopped, and I thought to myself "Why...why her?" Having a loved one be in risk of dying is possibly the scariest thing ever...unless you're about to die yourself. Through all of your troubles, hold on...hold on to your friends, and hold on to what you believe in. It'll effect your life deeply.

Song of the Day:
Keep Holding On by Avril Lavigne

Shout-Out of the Day:
Viewers:
If you ever have an incredibly hard trial such as someone going through cancer, or trying to get through a fight...Please just write down your feelings on paper. Do what I never did until now. This notebook is helping me be a lot less stressed. It's just a bunch of letters to all sorts of people. It's filled with secrets, and deep feelings, and it's helping me a TON. Please consider it?

No comments:

Post a Comment