Friday, August 23, 2013

Sticking Up For Others

Going about my daily life, I noticed that one of my friends was picking on another one of my friends, and I felt like it was my responsibility to step in and say what I believe is right. To give you a little bit more on the situation before we start, let's just say that the girl broke up with the guy, but they only went out because the girl was dared to by one of her friends. Let's look to Facebook once again for what happened!
Rebekah: "I'm the one who told Bridger about this, and he was really mad and upset. It's just not even cool... Don't date people out of dares, whoever dared you shouldn't be messing with peoples love lives. I had to help him through that experience and let me tell ya, he was devastated. We've all been hurt, and how would you feel if you were played by some person who didn't want to date you in the first place when you thought there was something there? Treat others how you would like to be treated."

Marie:True, and Rebekah when i tell the guy over 3 times he should know
Rebekah: That is true, but I must say this: It's not a reason to completely ditch someone. Did you thoroughly explain why you don't like him? Maybe he just didn't understand. I'm not trying to blame this situation on you, but we all need to be better and consider the other person's situation and feelings.
Bridger: Thank you to everyone who can see through the untruths that have been said about me

Phebe: Bridger. Know I havent always been the nicest person but like I said I don't think what happend was fair. I will repeat your not a worthless joke and you don't need to be treated like one. I'm sorry to hear about what happend

Bridger: Thank you so much for your support.

Rebekah: You're a great person, Bridger. I hope you can move on, and hopefully someday forgive Marie for what she did to you.

After dealing with all of that post and stuff, I got up this morning and checked my Facebook and was surprised that Bridger's mom had actually contacted me to thank me for what I had done! Let's look to Facebook again to see what was said!


Amy: Rebekah, this is Bridger's mother. My name is Amy, and you are an angel! I read your post through Bridger's Facebook and I appreciate that you are mature enough to stand up for my son and not believe all those comments said about him by a certain young lady. Bridger has Aspergers Syndrome and does tend to get obsessive about things occasionally. But he is a good person and I've tried to teach him the proper way to treat a girl. He's learning and growing and maturing just like everyone else your age and he deserves to be treated with respect. Thank you for doing just that! You're a good girl!

Sincerely, Amy

Rebekah: Thank you so much! That message seriously just made my day! Amy, I've known Bridger too long to know that he would do the things that she said that he did. My dad went about this situation a different way however, he said that I should have confronted her through private message. Honestly, I don't think that would've worked because she probably would've felt threatened, and I felt like that was the right thing to do. Standing up for people in public, regardless whether the situation is "Vulgar(like my dad said)" shows others that it's okay to stand up for what you believe in, and that it's okay to stand up for others. Standing up for Bridger, not only has strengthened others, but it has strengthened me as well. Realizing that what I did was the right thing to do regardless of what other people think, is something that we could all learn. Kind of like Nephi and his brothers. Nephi was choosing the right, and Laman and Lemuel didn't believe him at all! Amy, I don't know what's gotten into me but I just see how long this message is and I'm kind of happy about it. I have so much to say to you! Bridger is such an amazing kid, and to see him getting picked on by another one of my friends that we went to elementary school with, hurts... It shows that People Can Change!! (I capitalized that because it's the name of a post title on my blog!) I was so inspired to do the right because recently someone apologized to me, and it was what I really needed at the time because me and this girl had some history that we both were not very proud of. After coming to a realization that I had to forgive her for what she had done, I unblocked her Facebook account, and yesterday she apologized to me, and I told her I had forgiven her. We had a long conversation about what we believe is right, and after going to her wall to see the conversation about Bridger, I just knew I had to pitch in. The girl I had been talking with seriously didn't know enough about Bridger, and she knew the other girl better... That's why she had believed her instead. I told Phebe that nothing she had said about Bridger was true. If you have seen my blog before, you would be able to see that I get super obsessed with things. My top three obsessions would probably be inspiration, speaking from the heart, and my boyfriend. Don't let the word boyfriend get you fooled, he's actually a really sweet guy once you get to know him. He's helped me grow so much more, and realize why some things are the way they are. Bridger is kind of the same way, but I just don't love him the same way that I love my boyfriend. Amy, you've raised such a great young man, and it's been fun to grow up with him, and see what he's becoming into. I agree with you about him needing to be treated with respect because everybody needs that. If you really think about it, we're all the same... We're all heavenly father's children, and we're all going to get judged some day, and I guess you could say I feel as if it's my responsibility to make sure everybody else is happy, or even has hope. I have so many inspirations, and I am able to get inspired by the littlest things that make me strive to be better. Bridger has inspired me in little ways, and it helps me to gain more appreciation for him. He's such a great kid, and if anything, I'm striving to inspire my inspirations.

Spoken from the Heart, 
Rebekah Phillips

Long story, short. I was inspired by the fact that she had taken time out of her daily life to thank me, and I probably went a little overboard with the long message I had sent her, but I felt an obligation to telling her more and more, and sharing my testimony with her, and striving to be better and speaking from the heart, etc. Hope this post was inspiring!

"LiL" Song of the Day: Little Girl by The Fold

"EPiC" Shout-Out of the Day:
Bridger: Your mom was so inspiring to me today, and I want to let you know that everything that I said in the reply to her was genuine and spoken from the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment