Monday, June 24, 2013

Breaking Stereotypes & Fixing Things

Alright! So there's this TV series that I watch, and most people believe that the series is meant for little girls, and little girls only. This phenomenal HIT TV show (in my opinion) is My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. This series is so good! If you just give the show a try, I guarantee you'll love it, and either be come a brony or pegasister, depending on your gender. Anyways, knowing that my stepbrothers, Adam and Andrew, were here and that we had already been to the mall to pick up the pony merchandise me and Dawson would wear to Equestria Girls, a spin-off movie of the show, I decided to sit back and relax thinking I might get some time to myself with both Sienna and Dawson. Adam then confronts me and says that he knows if he watches one episode of MLP: FiM he's going to like it. He then hides from Andrew, and starts watching the first two, and ends up loving it. We dress Adam up like the brony he is, and I let him wear my Wonderbolts jacket along with my Rainbow Dash headphones and necklace and he wore my Vinyl Scratch shirt that we had just purchased(It matches Dawson's! YAY!) Anyways, we confront Andrew and tell him that Adam's a brony now. Andrew basically put up a fit about this, and we tried to convince him to at LEAST watch the first two episodes. Before we start the episode, Andrew calls me down and tells me his secret. He has been a closet brony for a little over a year. Trying to change that, we both sat down and watched the show and Andrew shouted "Spoiler! Wanna hear one, Adam?" Adam was all like: Sure. Andrew then told him that he's seen up to Season 2 Episode 8. Adam's jaw dropped. I then told them that in order for them to see Equestria Girls without any spoilers from the movie, they needed to watch the following 8 episodes. (the plot building ones that is) I told them Return of Harmony parts 1 & 2, Canterlot Wedding parts 1 & 2, Crystal Empire parts 1 & 2, Keep Calm and Flutter On, and Magical Mystery Cure. They watched them up until late that night, and then it was time to go see Equestria Girls.

In the car, it was a little bit boring, but we answered little questions such as what was our favorite things about My Little Pony. When we were pulling up to the theater, I saw something that I've always wanted to see. A HERD OF BRONIES. I was thrilled. I started freaking out! We got out of the car, and they all ran over to greet us! We all introduced ourselves, and then they said "WELCOME TO THE BRONY CLUB OF ISU, COME AND GET YOUR BRACELETS, ONE EACH REPRESENTING ONE OF THE MANE 6." They started up their pony music, and said that there was food for everyone and soda, and it was probably the best party I've ever gone to. There was pony merchandise everywhere. That's when Will, Dawson, and I went to the theater to get our tickets. I say to Dawson: oh my gosh this is the BEST day of my LIFE!! We get our tickets and my voice starts cracking, and we head back to the bronies for MULTIPLE group pictures! Then it was time to go into the theater. It was funny because we decided to count the bronies that had come to this movie. We saw 46 bronies including pegasisters, such as myself. Then after a while, the movie finally started.

PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NOT GOING TO GIVE OUT ANY DETAILS OF WHAT HAPPENED IN THIS FABULOUS MOVIE, I DON'T WANT FOR YOU GUYS TO END UP NOT READING THIS BLOGPOST. SPOILERS ARE NEVER FUN PLEASE CARRY ON KNOWING THAT YOU WON'T GET ANY DETAILS OF WHAT HAPPENED IN THE MOVIE.

Alright guys! We exited the theater, and everyone was freaking out about how amazing this movie was! It turns out that Hasbro, and DHX, have broken yet another stereotype, since there were several bronies who didn't want this movie to happen. This movie was PHENOMENAL. Heck, it's even Dawson's favorite movie now! It beat Transformers for him about halfway through the movie! We went back to our brony herd for yet ANOTHER brony picture! I was so excited, and we took the picture all together again.We met this brony that had this book...it took the title of The Elements of Harmony. It looked so cool, so I decided to confront him and ask us to tell us about the book. Seeing that the book was super cool, because it was, we decided to go and get one of our own! It had song lyrics, a description of every episode, interviews with members of the show, art that didn't make it into the show, and much more!

Since our pony day had come to an end, we all decided to just hang out at my place. We jumped on the tramp and had fun, and then we all decided to go inside. Dawson started acting funny a little bit when we were outside. Sienna and I had to drag him inside. He seemed really sad and tired. I tried to cheer him up, and then he said he was going to go outside again. I waited a little bit, and then felt the need to follow him, so I did. His allergies were acting up, and he has hay fever and was allergic to something that Sienna threw at him so his face was swelling a little. He wanted to go continue digging his hole..he was digging it with a stick? Anyways, I convinced him to jump on the tramp with me, so we did a little bit. Then we both sat down next to each other, and he noticed I was getting quieter and quieter. I kept looking away from him, and wasn't really talking. I held out my arms for a hug, and he came closer to hug me. We released the hug, and we decided to go back to where he was digging his little hole. He was trying to think of what to talk about, especially since I was glancing around and not really making eye contact much, and was really quiet. He then looked me in the eyes, and asked "Seriously. What's wrong?" I saw the amount of concern in his eyes, and just hugged him, and in his ear I whispered "I miss you." He said to me "I'm right here." I knew he was right there, but I still missed him for some reason. I felt like he wasn't all THERE until that moment, when he said he was. We hugged and hugged, and then we started kissing, and trying to make all of this sadness and a little bit of tears go away. Yeah, it was a little hard for me. We decided to jump on the tramp, and he started doing little things that make me smile. We then went back to where we were, kissed a little more, and then he started working on his hole again when Adam and Sienna came out to see us. All four of us started jumping on the tramp, and having fun. Adam and Sienna started doing this weird thing called tramp dancing, and bumping us in the process and Drawkah was all like: Oh so you wanna play that game?! And we did the same to them. It was all fun and games, until we fell on our butts and started getting hurt. 

The time came when Dawson had to leave. We had Will take him home, and we sat in the car, and wanted to be right next to each other, because we didn't really know when we would see each other again, other than the first day of school, which was far away. We kept sneaking a kiss here and there when we knew Will wasn't looking because we didn't want to disturb him with our immense PDA, even though he does the same with Rachel. We dropped him off, and we kissed one last time for the day. I looked in his eyes as he left, and saw the way he looked at me. I smiled to myself, and realized I was biting my lip. He loves me again. I thought. He gave me that same look that he gave when we had our best moments in Drawkah. That look. That look was the look that made me want to fall over in happiness because I knew that I was loved by the one I love most right now. That was the perfect ending to my day...besides eating chocolate icecream in front of Adam and Sienna..that was pretty sweet too.

"Lil" Shout-Out of the Day:
ISU BRONIES:
Hey everypony! Thank you so much for this Equestria Girls experience. It was YOU GUYS who made this the best day ever for me and Sienna, and possibly the guys and Rachel. You're all amazing and I hope that we will all meet again sometime soon.
"Epic" Song of the Day: Smile by Pinkie Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment