Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Capes

Alright! Yesterday was mutual, and I decided to take my friend Krista to mutual with me, seeing as how  we're both going to go to girls camp together! We headed to Idaho Falls, and picked her up and we were both kind of talking and then we saw "The Ronald McDonald Mexican House" that is known as "Marie's house" but I usually end up calling it "Some weird old lady's poodle filled house."  Krista and I laughed at how she had a red car. We joked that it could have the McDonald yellow arches on the hood, and it would match her house perfectly, seeing as she also had arches in her house, and outside her house that were, in fact, YELLOW. It was so perfect because we could bond over little things like seeing something that you wouldn't see every single day. Anyways, we were talking about our everyday routines, and then we arrived at the church and we were told that we were going to make capes, and pick our tent-buddies, and draw for who our secret sister is! Just like every year, I drew my own name first. What I should have done in this situation: Given Krista my name because she doesn't really know anybody in my ward. What I ended up doing: Threw it back, leaving Krista with a name none of us knew, and me picking up a name that was different from my own, but still not Krista. Oh well! We all do stupid things; however I really regret that! It was more of a reason to say that Krista was my sister! Let's just say we are anyways.

Krista and I had gotten on the subject of how Dawson and Gavin became blood brothers. We both then told each other that we were NEVER going to do that. We both agreed that it was incredibly stupid to do. Then again, they are both boys..of course they would totally do it. Krista was telling me about how Gavin was making her feel even more insecure, I guess you could say, about her life because he kept saying that she needed to tell him what was wrong, even though she, herself, didn't want to. That's never fair...I would never tell anybody about my problems if I seriously didn't want them to know. If one of your friends is upset about something, please look about how they might feel about it, and respect their privacy even though you'd love to help them out. Telling them that you are there for them is helpful, but it's hard for them to accept that help when they are already hurt by somebody pressuring them to tell them their problems.

See how the purple ribbon curls? Yeah..That's called a Rarity.
We were using the iron to iron on our letters onto our capes, and make it so that our ribbons were flat. We decided that when the purple ribbon got all curly, we would call it a Rarity because it was all twisted and purple, and it was stubborn!

Sewing. Oh gosh...Sewing. Even though I'm supposed to be the one in my group of bronies/pegasisters that is Rarity, I cannot sew...WHATSOEVER. Krista is more of a Rarity, in sewing sense, than I am. It was flat out embarrassing, I didn't know what to do at all! Krista and the camp director helped me sew everything to do with my cape, and I discovered that I couldn't stick pins either. Sticking pins is supposed to be really simple, and I couldn't even do that! I'm so glad that Krista was there to help laugh it off, and stuff like that.

Before we had to drop Krista off, Marlee came up to us and we all started talking about the whole "Dawson's a Douche bag" situation. At this point, Dawson has completely agreed with everyone that he was being a douche bag. We basically gave Krista more details on why Marlee was so mad, and then we started talking about The Princess Bride. Their two impressions were so funny about "Mawwiage." It broke the tension of the whole "Douche bag" situaion, or as Krista would call it, sitchiation(No u, for those people who can't spell anyways.).

After dropping Krista off, Dawson and I started talking over the phone, and after a while, Dawson found Amazing Grace on YouTube, not just any version of Amazing Grace, but the version that was played at his father's funeral. Dawson, like I would do, started crying over his dead father. It was hard for me, but I stayed on the phone as long as I could, as I heard some devastating things that I didn't really know about him before, and about the connection he had with his dad. I heard him keep saying "Why?" over the phone while he was in what I would consider full-blown tears. He told me about how the paramedics had to pry him off of his father. It made me think..would I do that if my mother died? When I started trying to walk in his footsteps with the whole situation that he was in, I began to cry with him, and share, in some form, what he was feeling inside. Since it was getting close to 11:30, at one point, I texted my step-dad saying that Dawson needed me and that I couldn't just hang up on him at a time like this. My step-dad said it was okay, so Dawson and I stayed on the phone, and eventually started having happier conversations, and he said I sounded like I was about to cry, and I told him I was fine, but told him I was in pain, even though it was just a headache. Even though it was just a headache, he still cared, and wanted to help me out. I decided to sleep downstairs so that I wouldn't end up bothering my parents with Dawson and I's conversations. Trying to make each other happy, we kept talking, and he kept making me laugh, and my laugh made him happy because apparently it was adorable. Even though, I have like a million different laughs, my tired one is the most adorable one. Knowing we were both bound to fall asleep soon, we decided to hang up, and call it a night.

"Lil" Shout-Out of the Day:
Krista: We totally need to hang out more this Summer. I had so much fun with you, and we didn't even get bored of each other! You're such a cool sister, and I hope that you have fun in Idaho Falls. Invite me over sometime, or maybe I'll invite you, and we can hang out.

"Epic" Song of the Day: Little of Your Time by Maroon 5

1 comment: