Sunday, June 16, 2013

Not The Breakup Story

Okay, so here's what went down yesterday.. Dawson and I were both sad, and so he decided to break up with me for the same reason that I was sort of fine with him breaking up with me in the first place. We both made each other sad. I was doing EXCELLENT with my friend, Sienna, and I was doing fine...but at the same time, still crushing on Daws. After Sienna left, I decided to pray about what to do. I waited and waited for that answer, and then I talked to Gavin, Dawson's blood brother, about it. Right when Dawson realized how much of a loss he had, Gavin texted me saying that now was my chance, and it might be the only chance I'll get. It felt right, asking him out again. But after he said give him 30 minutes.

I started to freak out a little. I texted Gavin...hoping he might calm me down, which he did. I was frightened at the fact that Dawson wanted 30 minutes to decide. During those 30 minutes, I was scared, and was wondering if I should take back the offer because I was afraid of rejection. Gavin said that I needed to take the chance, and just wait for his decision because he was thinking really hard about this. Scared, I sat there crying, and trying to be supportive. During the last 5 minutes, I started to cheer up because Gavin and Coleman were helping me through it. After sending a text to Gavin that says: "=) Actually...i think i did the right thing ~Hope<3", I receive a text message that says "Bek ill take you back but.. You cant be asking me 2 get on audi all the time"

Oh gosh...at that moment even though I was already smiling, I smiled even bigger. I had my world back. It was like what I had said earlier that day, If you love someone, you gotta let them go. What I had forgotten, was the the second part. If they come back to you, they're yours. He's mine now I guess. He knows what a break up is like from the Dumper's point of view...and I know what it's like to get dumped now. My first relationship, I don't consider a dump because we still acted like boyfriend and girlfriend for a while...This was my first actual break up over text, and my second break-up that my friends thought was total bull crap.

I woke up this morning, and the thing that kept running through my head was Is Drawkah really gonna work out? Then I remembered ONE part of my dream... Gavin saying "It's not the breakup story that matters, it's the makeup story." Gosh..Gavin is even wise in my dreams...weird. Oh well, that's the THEME for today. If you're going through  a breakup, just be strong about it. If you have to, and it feels right, ask for a second chance. Who knows? They might take you back. Don't keep in mind all those breakups that are stuck in your head, but remember the times that were good, and remember how you guys had gotten together in the first place. I hope that this post was inspirational to somebody out there..because this whole experience to me, was very inspirational.

I want to thank my friend, Sienna for coming over to help me calm down with this breakup, as SOON as she found out. I won't leave her the shout-out of the day, but I will say her name. This paragraph is what a true friend did to help me when I was sad. I got home, and she had left a message on any and everything that somebody could do to get a hold of someone. As soon as I replied on Facebook saying that I needed a friend, she said that she was coming over nearly immediately. When I was putting all my "Drawkah" stuff away, she came in to my room with open arms saying that she was here. I cried on her shoulder. She was is the friend that I've always hoped for when dealing with something like this. Spending the day with her was awesome. We made a giant poster that said Hope on it with things that make me smile. Like a giraffe telling me not to do drugs, and a muffin tree. Whenever I look at the Hope poster, I can't help but smile.

Now that I look at the PROS and CONS list that she and I made about this WHOLE breakup, I can still have almost all of the PROS, and get some of the CONS positive. I can still have break-up song inspiration because...I got dumped! Of course, I'll try to make something out of that! The things I'm looking at on some of the PROS, is some rules I guess I just set for myself. For example, one of the items on the PRO list is that I get more time with friends. This could TOTALLY be a rule for myself. When I hang out with friends, I should NOT text Dawson as much because I need to focus on the friends that are there for me, and want to hang out with me. Not that I love texting him, but I do it way too much. Looking at a CON on the list, I see he may fall away from the Gospel. This is HUGE to me....It may just be kind of a small item on a little CON list... ahem...versus....A HUGE PRO list...but This is huge. Us breaking up, could've prevented him from getting closer to Heavenly Father, and learning more by reading his scriptures. I'm SO glad this CON can be turned into a PRO. Another PRO on the list, is more sleep. Uhm...wow. I can still get sleep when I'm with a guy. I just need to be like "Good night! I'm tired! Love you!", and then I'll just fall asleep. That can also be a rule. No staying up past like... 1 a.m. texting him...MAYBE. However, there's some PROS that I can't take back such as not chained down, find new and better guy, I don't put up with his gyrados (our new word for guy period), he doesn't put up with my periods, and cute guys asking me out. That's okay, because some of the CONS are gonna stay negative, but I won't have them anyways. SUCH AS: Annoying guys asking me out, Seeing him with new girlfriend, Losing his friends, and Ishmael(the entire reason we got together in the first place haha). Thank GOSH I have him back. According to that, Ishmael is like the one that we wrote REALLY big, and the others are normal size.

Anyways, I want to thank EVERYONE who was involved in this at least a little, and I will put your name in the Shout-Outs. I'd like to say that Lil Miss Epic is BACK. I hope that this post was inspiring to you all, and that you might take something from it. I really do enjoy...inspiring my inspirations.

"Lil" Shout-Outs of the Day: 
SIENNA, Gavin, Julia, James, Bob/Austin, Chelsea, and Braxton: Thank you all for helping me through this WHOLE process. The whole thing means a lot, and I want to let you guys know that you demonstrated what a true friend is to me. I hope that all of you can take some inspiration out of this post, and do what you love, and be happy. I love you all, and happy father's day.~LiLMiSSEPiC

"Epic" Song of the Day: Back at Your Door by Maroon 5

1 comment:

  1. I took inspiration. Dang straight I did...
    I'm so near to tears as I right this, because of the feelings I felt when I read the part about getting a second chance and "If you love someone let them go, and if they come back, they're yours."
    You're an amazing friend Rebekah, and I appreciate all your support for me through my hellish-rollercoasters.
    Love,
    Big bro

    ReplyDelete